Thursday, September 16, 2010

An Unexpected Gift From God



I love to garden and can my own produce. When my husband and I were first married we had a HUGE garden and a wonderful plum tree that made delicious jam. I learned to grow produce and can those first few years and loved it. As we moved from place to place, our garden got smaller and smaller. The last place could only fit a few tomato plants and some basil. A big reason why we wanted to move!

So when we moved here I was relieved to see some room in the backyard for a possible veggie garden in the spring. I was so busy unpacking and trying to get my home in order that I missed this:


Where was this hiding?
I knew we had a side yard but from the front it looked like this:


All this ground was hidden behind the landscape! I didn't investigate until I had to bring something through the back gate. So now I have all this room, semi-private, and it gets great sun! Here's another photo. I was so excited that I kept snapping them!



I know it just looks like a piece of empty dirt but I praised God when I found it! Think of it! Tomatoes, peppers, sugar snap peas, beans, zucchini! Maybe a little herb garden. This winter I am going to plan it all out. Thank you Lord for this hidden treasure in my own back(side)yard!

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment