Sunday, October 24, 2010

Morning Sickness



Poor Elizabeth. She has it bad. Yesterday when I picked her up she got car sick on the way back to our house. We had to pull over suddenly and she threw up in the gutter. Not pretty. Then she took a 5 hour nap on our bed, got up, said she was starving, and ate two bites of dinner. It's so bad that she says she never wants to have another baby. I didn't say anything because she is suffering so much.

I googled "morning sickness" and found the Wikipedia article on it. It's pretty informative but the solutions are the same as ever. I think she will just have to ride it out. She is very close to the three month mark although that is no guarantee it will stop then. I hope and pray it will. This is not turning out to be a beautiful, special time for her. I pray that the verse below will hold true. I believe it will.

"A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come;
but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish
because of her joy that a child is born into the world."
John 16:21

No comments:

Post a Comment